Today’s post is about one of my favorite quick and healthy meals, the rotisserie chicken burrito recipe. This dish is so simple to make, and it’s so delicious that you’ll want to make it every day!
Mitch Mandel and Thomas MacDonald
2 Cups Cooked White Rice
Rice is a great source of carbohydrates, fiber and iron. It’s also an excellent source of magnesium and zinc. These minerals help to keep your body healthy by maintaining blood pressure levels and supporting the immune system. Thiamin (Vitamin B1) helps convert food into energy that can be used by cells in the body; it also plays a role in nerve function, muscle contraction and metabolism—all important processes for sustaining life!
2 Cups Mexican blend Shredded Cheese
- Use a variety of cheeses. Shredded cheese is the most affordable option, but it doesn’t have much flavor compared to cheddar or even mozzarella. You can also use cream cheese if you prefer something softer and creamier in texture.
- Use a variety of tortilla shells. I personally like using corn tortillas because they’re less dense than flour or wheat flour ones, which makes them easier to roll up into burritos! You can also use flour tortillas if you want something more traditional (and less messy).
- Use meats that are mild enough for children’s tastes without being too bland, such as chicken breast or turkey breast (you could add bacon too!). This will help ensure everyone gets their fill without getting bored before dinner ends up on their plate!
- Add some vegetables: broccoli florets would go well with any meal; green onions are always welcome additions whether they’re raw or cooked; bell peppers make everything better somehow–they just do! 🙂
1 (15-ounce) Can Roasted Tomato Sauce Or Salsa
To make the burrito, you’ll need to use a good quality salsa. If you are using canned tomato sauce or salsa, then go for it. But if you’re going to make your own salsa from fresh tomatoes and herbs, then that is also acceptable. And if you decide to use jarred salsa (or have some on hand), no problem! Just be sure that whatever kind of salsa goes into your burrito is one that can be heated up over medium-high heat without burning or becoming too thick—in other words: not too hot!
As far as what kind of chicken breast goes into this recipe—well…we recommend using rotisserie chicken burrito recipe breasts because they’re easy and come out perfectly every time!
1 Cup Sour Cream Or Greek Yogurt
Sour cream or Greek yogurt is a good substitute for mayonnaise. It can also be used to replace whipped cream, yogurt and sour cream in recipes.
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (use about half a rotisserie chicken)
To make the burritos, you’ll need:
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- About 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (I used mild)
8-10 Flour Tortilla Shells
You’ll need 8-10 flour tortillas. This number depends on how many people will be eating, but you can always make more or less depending on your needs.
If you’re making the burrito for one or two people, I recommend using smaller tortillas (around 6 inches in diameter). If it’s for four people, then go with larger ones (around 8 inches). The thickness of the tortillas also matters—if they’re too thin and fall apart easily when you fold them over, it won’t matter if they’re too small!
For A Healthy Start To Your Day, Make This Easy Rotisserie Chicken Burrito Recipe
For a healthy start to your day, make this easy rotisserie chicken burrito recipe.
- Use a rotisserie chicken for the meat and Mexican blend cheese for the cheese. You can use any other type of cheese that you like or have on hand—or even skip the cheese altogether! It’s up to you!
- If you want to add some extra flavor, roast some tomatoes in olive oil with salt and pepper before adding them into the tortilla shell along with some roasted red pepper flakes if desired (you don’t need much). Or add salsa instead of roasting tomatoes if that’s more convenient for you on a busy morning when time is of the essence!
Chicken Burrito recipe
Chicken Burrito Recipe
Homemade Chicken Burritos
Green Tea Shot
This is a great recipe for busy people. It’s easy and healthy, with ingredients that everyone can find at their local grocery store. You can even make this meal ahead of time and freeze it so that you can enjoy it whenever you want!